Wednesday, November 27, 2013

5 Facts About League of Legends

I've recently started to play some League of Legends with a group of friends.  I enjoy it.  Well, for the most part anyway.

The community is...interesting, though.  Just read through those glorious forums for a bit, and you'll see some real gems of information.  I'm going to share just a few of them that I've run across.

1.  Everyone Wins Their Lane.  Always.

I can't believe I lost games like this!  I always, without exception, win lane.  I've won every lane in the past, and I've already won lane in the future.  Hell, I've even won my lane in all the possible alternate dimensions, even the ones that are only theoretical!  All my opponents are disconnected at level 6, that's how much I've won my lane.

And yet I lost the game.  It's like laning doesn't even matter, since I win it so hard for all time.

2.  "Overpowered" is the Thing That Shall Not Be Spoken

Now, I'm not saying <Insert Champion Here> is overpowered.  All I'm saying is <Insert Champion Here> is far too powerful for their role.  They seem to beat everyone without any sort of effort.  It's like they're overly powerful, but not overpowered, cuz I'd never say that.

Conclusion:  <Insert Champion Here> isn't overpowered, but is likely too strong in every sense.

3.  Gamers Know Game Design.

I could totally balance all these champions and items.  I can't believe Riot is dumb enough to make these completely obvious balance mistakes!  I mean, I don't get paid to manage the complicated internal workings of a game's system, but how hard could it be?  I can see these novice mistakes every time they happen.

Their game may have millions of players, but they obviously have no CLUE what they're doing.

4.  Every Champion must be Viable in Pro Play

Why is it that Riot can't see the obvious flaws in the champions they've created?  If they'd just fix these few minor things that I've mentioned, it would no doubt bring <Insert Champion Here> back into viability and totally wouldn't have any unforeseen consequences.  I've looked into all the possible futures where my changes happened, and in no way could this possibly not work.

All of the champions, (but especially the one I play) can fit into the optimal situations of pro play.  God forbid I play a champion just because it's fun, I only care about winning, viability, and numbers.  Only champions with a high win rate can be fun, anyway.

5.  It's the Jungler's Fault

Support:  Ooops, I didn't notice I missed buying a ward at shop.
ADC:  OMG, report n00b jungler, didn't buy wards for support.

Top Lane: I pushed him all the way to tower, why didn't you dive him?
Jungler:  He's at full health, you're at 1/4 health, and I was ganking bot lane.
Top Lane:  Report jung, won't gank

Mid *Dead*: Stupid lag.
Jungler: that sucks.
Mid *Dead*: Report jung, made me lag.

Did it happen?  Was it bad?  If yes to both, report the jungler.

No comments:

Post a Comment